Monday, December 14, 2009

Mom's Banana Bread

2 eggs 1 C sugar 1 1/3 C flour 1/2 C cooking oil 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 t. salt 3 mashed ripe bananas Beat eggs; add sugar and oil, beat well. Mix well and add flour, baking soda and salt. Blend in bananas. Bake in ungreased loaf pan, 350 degrees for one hour

Grace notes:

I have always doubled this recipe. This recipe is for one loaf. The finished banana breads can be frozen in foil, if you have any left.
When I make this, I often have used bananas which I have thrown in the freezer when they get over ripe. Thawed, they then squeeze out of their skins easily to add to the mixture.
Walnuts (optional)

2 comments:

  1. Delaney and I made Banana bread tonight. It is always so good. I love to eat it warm in the morning with a thin layer of peanut butter on it. Yummm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to add cinnamon and nutmeg to mine for extra spice and flavor. It's always a favorite!

    ReplyDelete